Friday, October 27, 2006

the Figure 8

Or...the hills of death.

My boot camp is situated in a valley, kind of, and to get out I have to downshift in my little Mazda. So today we are told, go run the figure 8. We head out to a run that begins straight up, runs straight down, turn right, straight up, run straight down. Remember the Duchess has shin splints. So I sigh and I start to run (well maybe plod along at a trotting pace). By the top of the first hill I am wheezing. By the bottom of the first hill my calves and shins start to explode. I begin up the second hill and I start limping. I make it to the top, turn around and limp back. At which time I am supposed to sprint 3 times across the parking lot. Well, I could barely walk, much less sprint. But I did the figure 8, the whole damn thing, limping for 50% of it

That's called powering through...I think...um, where's my cake?

2 comments:

Eris said...

You're a trooper. I'm baking you cookies tonight.

Unknown said...

I said cake, Eris, cake! But, hey, I'm kicking tomorrow am...come along and watch the limping shin splinted chick kick...