Thursday, December 21, 2006

Over A Week

It has been over a week, so let me tell you what I have been doing.

  1. Writing a book - revising my dissertation into book manuscript format.
  2. Babysitting my friends' pets - they don't have wireless Internet, so needless to say I was in a drought.
  3. Grading, grading, grading - over 60 exams with 20 short answer questions each (why do I assign these?), 25 10-15 page papers, 15 20-25 page papers, 2 7-8 page papers (again, I mean seriously, why do I assign these?)
  4. Christmas shopping - when your family lives in New York because you were evil enough to move to Utah, you have to ship presents... SHIP ... the post office kicks serious ass, but not really enough to make all that at all okay.
  5. Working on my third year review file - it's due January 15th, but you know, I come by the type A personality honestly, I am a Murray.
  6. I am the new department adviser (because, you know, I had NOTHING else to do...smile...so I volunteered when our other adviser went on sabbatical (why do I do these things?)) so I have been advising students - what is wrong with these people? It is holiday break and in they come for advice...dude, I didn't go near my school over the holidays in undergraduate.
  7. Joined a new gym and promptly slept through my first class because I was so freakin' tired.
  8. Parties, parties, parties.
  9. Watched Paul play lacrosse in a professional arena and noticed that when he's full of it, he checks people from behind! WTF happened to my sweet-natured husband? sports.
So there you have it. I have been lax in my blogging duties because I have had too much damn stuff to do!

1 comment:

Eris said...

It's about freaking time. I thought you were lost or something.