Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmas Movies

My favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually. Today it's playing on USA as we gear up for the Christmas season. Why do I love this movie? All the different types of love that are displayed: adulterous love, unrequited love, young love, first love, international love, love after death, love after adultery, a stepfather's love for his stepson, a good friend's love for her friend, inappropriate love between an employer and subordinate, the best friend's hidden love for the girl, a sister's love for a disabled brother, and so on and so on. No resolutions necesssary. No profound declarations with political meaning. No daunting questions to address after you're done watching. Just fun depictions of the many types of love.

I adore this movie. Maybe this year someone will buy it for me for Christmas and then I can watch it all the time, even in July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And cry.

Eris said...

You forgot the best kind of love in Love Actually: Love for Hugh Grant's bottom as he dances through #10.

Unknown said...

Oh my god! I did forget his bum. I LOVE that scene and I love his bum!!