Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Very Dear Friend

When I moved to Utah many people suggested I would be lonely, or it would be horrible to be away from family, or being far from roots would be debilitating. As luck would have it, I have no idea if this is true as I met a wonderful family within a year of arriving here. They have very nicely adopted me into their group and forgive me when I forget to call.

But mostly, they got me through the worst time of my life last year just by being around. This year, my surrogate mom has said she will donate blankets to the hospital Nic-U in honor of my baby who died. I am not sure I am sufficiently corny enough - you know, we stoic Victorian types have a hard time with emotion - to demonstrate often enough how much I love her and her family and how much I know they have done for me.

Thank you for everything.

No comments: