Monday, November 27, 2006

Idiot Students

It's that time of year again when I move into student presentations and away from lectures. And my head explodes.

Things I have heard/read:
  • (in response to the question: what exactly is your thesis) I did a kind of scattershot thinking paper. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's wrong.
  • (assignment turned in for a 5-7 page book review) You mean two pages isn't enough to review Robert Putnam's Bowling Alone? I mean, why not?
  • (email) Professor, I sent you my paper for you to post at midnight last night. It is now 7am, why isn't it posted yet?
Why do students think it is okay to do these kinds of things? Do they have no perspective on their place in the universe?

ARGH!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only in the universe, but they are wholly unaware of their place in the University.

Unknown said...

Yeah, no kidding. Again, ARGH!!!