Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What Goes Around Comes Around

Twelve years ago I was a junior in college at Syracuse University. I watched the returns in the Newhouse building. I remember Cuomo lost New York that night, and to add insult to injury the Democrats lost everything. Everything. I was young and politically romantic. My first vote went to Bill Clinton for president. And I watched the returns crying and crying. I remember my professor saying, "it's not like they will stake babies in the street." And I thought he totally doesn't get it.

Last night I ran around the house like an idiot - the same way I did when Syracuse won the basketball national championship - and called my father at 1130pm his time to tell him his idiot of a republican member had been ousted. In Greene County, a Democrat had won! Woo hoo. Of course I am a bit dismayed by all the damn "ban gay marriage - no equal rights for gays" initiatives, but all this in time.

I was very happy that every state that had a minimum wage hike, voted to hike it. Maybe the workers of the world are uniting! Remember, I can now carry an 8 pound medicine ball far distances!

No comments: